As an industry leader in safety, Associated Terminals is committed to conducting operations in a manner which ensures the safety of people, minimizes the impact on the environment and reduces exposure to physical assets.
It is the policy of Associated Terminals to conduct activities which:
- Ensure that health, safety, security, and environmental (HSSE) matters are at the core of all business objectives.
- Consider first the health, safety, and security of employees, contractors, and third parties who may be affected.
- Protect the environment, prevent pollution, and seek improvements in the efficient use of natural resources.
- Reduce exposures and minimize damage to property.
- Protect the security of employees, facilities, and assets.
- Comply with all applicable laws under which the Company is operating.
- Maintain the ability of the Company to continuously improve HSE performance through regular review of procedures and practices.
HSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Associated Terminals' Health Safety and Environmental Management System provides a structured approach to the management of risk while ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory agencies while allowing for monitoring of performance and continuous improvement.
The components of the Health Safety and Environmental System include:
- Executive Management Commitment and Leadership
- Risk Assessment and Management Review
- Development of Policies and Procedures
- Assessment and Audit
- Periodic Review
- Incident Reporting, Investigation and Corrective Action
- Continuous Improvement