David Fennelly founded Associated Terminals in 1990. Since its founding, he has insisted that one principle remains constant-our people come first.
Our company began as a broker of stevedoring services on the Lower Mississippi River. The company leased its first floating crane in 1996 and then purchased two additional cranes in 1997.
In the early 2000’s, Associated continued to grow through acquisitions and terminal operations agreements. In 2007, Associated Terminals embarked on a program to replace its conventional equipment with state of the art assets and now exclusively utilizes Gottwald cranes for its midstream operations. In March 2015, Associated Terminals acquired St. James Stevedoring adding six Gottwald cranes to its fleet. The acquisition has created the largest and most diverse stevedoring and terminal services provider operating on the Lower Mississippi River and puts the largest fleet of floating Gottwalds at our disposal.
As you can see, our company has come a long way. We have since grown into the premier provider of marine services in the Gulf South Region. The Associated Group of companies has grown to encompass owning and/or operating the following locations, facilities and equipment:
- 14 midstream high capacity floating cranes
- Operating locations from mile 55 AHP to mile 228 AHP on the Lower Mississippi River
- 25 deep draft berths capable of facilitating ocean vessel transloading
- Multiple dockside and in-plant service locations along the Gulf Coast
- Exclusive operator of the Port of St. Bernard
- Exclusive operator of the Port of South Louisiana’s Globalplex Intermodal Terminal
- Corporate headquarters and operations in Convent, Louisiana
- Private land-based terminal operations at numerous facilities
- 16 midstream vessel berths between mile 56 and mile 158
- A floating midstream grain elevator in Myrtle Grove, Louisiana
- In-plant services at multiple locations