Carol Ballard, Associated Terminals’ first employee, was one of our most dedicated employees. Carol always displayed a sense of giving. After Carol passed away in 2009, Associated Efforts created a scholarship program in her memory to carry on her sense of giving for the children of employees of Associated Terminals.
The Carol Ballard Scholarship Program will award up to $2,000 per scholarship. To be eligible, the candidate must be a graduating senior in High School who will be enrolling in college for the fall semester, or a first, second or third year student currently enrolled in a fully accredited college or university. The applicant must be a full-time student in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher. Applicants must be the legal dependent of a current full-time employee of Associated Terminals.
Awards: Associated Efforts’ Carol Ballard Scholarship Program will award up to $2,000 per scholarship.
Eligibility: A graduating senior in High School who will be enrolling in college for the fall semester, or a first, second- or third-year student currently enrolled in a fully accredited college or university. The applicant must be a full-time student in good academic standing. Applicants must be the legal dependent of a current full-time employee of Associated Terminals.
Selection: The Carol Ballard Scholarship Program Committee will award scholarships based on merit. Rules:
- The scholarship must be used at an accredited college or university.
- The student must start or be continuing in the course of study, at the college or university, in the fall of the same year the scholarship is awarded.
- Associated Efforts will forward the scholarship stipend each semester (50% for fall semester and 50% for spring semester) to the college or university for deposit in the account of the student.
- In cases where the student’s studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the Associated Efforts Scholarship Committee must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to apply and / or reapply for the scholarship.
- The Associated Terminals parent/legal guardian must be employed by the company at the time of the disbursement of the scholarship funds for each semester.
- A current resume with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- A recommendation or evaluation from a counselor, teacher or professor must be included with the application.
- A brief essay describing the student’s objectives for college and their career must be submitted with this application.
- Copy of SAT / ACT scores.
- An official current high school or college transcript.
- Notice of application / acceptance of financial aid or other scholarships.
Application Forms: Return the application (available below) with required documents by March 27, 2023, to:
Associated Efforts’ Carol Ballard Scholarship Program
ATTN: Dawn Lopez 9100 Safety Drive Convent, LA 70723 OR email firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to News