- by Kaitie Lowe
Carol Ballard, Associated Terminals’ first employee, was one of our most dedicated employees. Carol always displayed a sense of giving. After Carol passed away in 2009, Associated Efforts created a scholarship program in her memory to carry on her sense of giving for the children of employees of Associated Terminals.
The Carol Ballard Scholarship Program will award up to $2,000 per scholarship. To be eligible, the candidate must be a graduating senior in High School who will be enrolling in college for the fall semester, or a first, second or third year student currently enrolled in a fully accredited college or university. The applicant must be a full-time student in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher. Applicants must be the legal dependent of a current full-time employee of Associated Terminals.
Awards: Associated Efforts’ Carol Ballard Scholarship Program will award up to $2,000 per scholarship.
Eligibility: A graduating senior in High School who will be enrolling in college for the fall semester, or a first, second- or third-year student currently enrolled in a fully accredited college or university. The applicant must be a full-time student in good academic standing. Applicants must be the legal dependent of a current full-time employee of Associated Terminals.
Selection: The Carol Ballard Scholarship Program Committee will award scholarships based on merit.
- The scholarship must be used at an accredited college or university. The student must start or be continuing in the course of study, at the college or university, in the fall of the same year the scholarship is awarded.
- Associated Efforts will forward the scholarship stipend each semester (50% for fall semester and 50% for spring semester) to the college or university for deposit in the account of the student.
- In cases where the student’s studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the Associated Efforts Scholarship Committee must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to apply and / or reapply for the scholarship.
- The Associated Terminals parent/legal guardian must be employed by the company at the time of the disbursement of the scholarship funds for each semester.
- A current resume with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- A recommendation or evaluation from a counselor, teacher or professor must be included with the application.
- A brief essay describing the student’s objectives for college and their career must be submitted with this application.
- Copy of SAT / ACT scores.
- An official current high school or college transcript.
- Notice of application / acceptance of financial aid or other scholarships.
Application Forms: Return the application (available below) with required documents by March 29, 2024, to:
Associated Efforts’ Carol Ballard Scholarship Program
ATTN: Dawn Lopez 9100 Safety Drive Convent, LA 70723 OR email firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to News